“Content is everywhere – librarians need to reach out and expand their knowledge of digital curaton techniques. The development of digital resources is an essential role for librarians. However, the wheels of technology can move fast, leaving you behind the curve. To catch up fast, Librarians need to be knowledgeable of how digital repositories can be developed. They need to learn how discovery services can be developed to improve the utilization of the library as a shared resource.”
“The following links help define methodologies that can support digital collection development efforts.
They can be used to support the development of a digital library or repository.
– Elements of a data management plan
– An Extended Digital Curation Lifecycle Model
– DCC Curation Lifecycle Model
– Open Archival Information System —Reference Model
– The OAIS Introductory Guide
– Research Data Lifecycle example
– Data Management Lifecycle Models”
Links here: http://www.acohen.com/blog/?p=748
See on www.acohen.com