- Dred Scott in 1857, upholding the obnoxious Fugitive Slave Act.
- The Supreme Court in 2000 declared G.W. Bush president although Al Gore got 543,895 more votes.
- Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission (2010), the court reaffirmed earlier declarations that money is speech.
- Plessy v. Ferguson (1896), the court upheld Southern apartheid, declaring separate black and white facilities constitutional.
- Santa Clara County v. Southern Pacific R. Co. (1886), the court declared that corporations were people and entitled to constitutional rights even though the preamble of the Constitution starts with “we the people.”
- Lochner v. New York (1905), reversed a legislative limit of a 10-hour work day and 60-hour work week for bakers.
View original post 1 more word